About Me

I am so happy you are visiting our blog! We are all about fun ways to learn and grow. I am a Mom of three incredibly sweet little girls (Monkey 1 - 7 years, and Monkey 2 - 5 months and Monkey 3- 1 year old). I have been blessed with an incredible husband and family, and pray everyday that God will show us how to raise Godly Girls! I hope that you will continue to check our blog for updates or better yet Subscribe to our blog below!! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ART ON THE ROCKS


So we have this neat thing locally called art on the rocks!! It is wonderful to see all the great artists each year! But when you say "Art on the Rocks" to a 3 year old they think literally and go outside and start hauling in your gravel driveway by the bucketful.... :) Literally we had rocks everywhere!! 

So after a few size parameters were set we have been on the hunt lately for large rocks that we can paint and add to our flower gardens!! We finally have collected quite a few! And hubby was getting pretty tired of the rocks everywhere! After he asked me for about the 10th time where to put the rocks I figured we probably should get going on them!

So we painted rocks!

I used acrylic paint (thank goodness for Ikea paint bibs) 
because we wanted them to be able to be in the garden
and not have the paint wash off!

I set up the paints in an old egg carton that we have used for sensory bins (its on its last leg anyways)
And we painted!
I gave M1 a cookie sheet to paint on! Quick easy clean up : I AM ALL FOR THAT!





Here are a few of our creations!



My stick people may be lacking... But I never claimed to be a GREAT artist!







He is Risen INDEED!!

So there you have it our own form of ART ON THE ROCKS!

Want to see more great ideas check out our interest boards

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. awesome! God Bless you and your beautiful family...i did this with my wife once but instead of rocks we went to the beach nearby and collected hundreds of seashells and used sharpies to write verses and positive messages on the shells, then we went back to the beach and threw them all back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea - I'm on the hunt out for large enough rocks to paint (we just have tiny pebbles in our garden). Thank you for linking up to Tuesday Tots and just to let you know I'm featuring the picture of the US Flag rock this week over on Rainy Day Mum

    ReplyDelete